The Leiden-Delft-Erasmus Centre for BOLD Cities offers the minor Smart and SHARED Cities, a collaboration between Leiden University, TU Delft and Erasmus University Rotterdam. In this minor, students examine the smart city from various disciplines. The program consists of a combination of data science, public administration, urban studies and social sciences.
We are looking for a student-assistant for a max. of 16 hour a week to support the minor program from August 2023 to March 2024. We are looking for a dedicated student to assist us with the registration and organisation of the minor program. This includes organising student/alumni input sessions, hands-on support for lecturers, and the organisation of various events. Additionally, you will be the first contact for students, think of answering questions, oversee the mailbox and update the educational environment (Canvas).
You will work as part of the Centre of BOLD Cities team under the supervision of the project manager. At the same time, you will have a largely independent and neutral position.Some tasks will have to be conducted on campus, others can also be done from home.
Who are you?
- You are (preferably) a third-year bachelor or a master student;
- You are proactive and can work autonomously;
- You easily seek contact with fellow students and professors;
- You have good oral and written communication skills in English, and preferably Dutch;
- You are available for a minimum or 12 hours/week for the larger part of this academic year (you can partly organise your own peak periods);
- You are (generally) available on Tuesday;
- You are motivated to work on improving our education.
- A challenging and diverse job, for a maximum of 16 hours a week for a minimum of 7 months, with the possibilityof extension.
- Fairly flexible working hours.
- A working laptop.
- The team of lectures and colleagues are enthusiastic and easy to work with.
- A good work environment, and an office space at the 19thfloor (with a nice view).
- The salary is in accordance with the CAO-NU for student-assistants.
Are you interested in this position? Send a short motivation letter and your CV to Sanne van Herwijnen (firstname.lastname@example.org) preferably before Monday 17th July, but no later than Friday 28th July. The job interviews will be scheduled shortly after receiving your motivation letter. If you have any questions about the position, you can contact us on the email address stated above.